The Office of Public Archaeology's staff of historic preservation professionals provides a wide range of cultural resource management services to a variety of clients, including corporations, developers, government agencies and private citizens. We help clients meet legal requirements prior to and during development projects and assist in consultations with local, state and federal agencies and tribes.
- We operate in Mississippi and throughout the greater Southeast
- We provide high-quality results at competitive prices and in as timely a manner as possible
- We are affiliated with an academic institution– Mississippi State – a top-ranked research university
- All members of our leadership team hold Master’s degrees in anthropology (specializing in archaeology) from top universities and have extensive experience with the National Historic Preservation Act (Section 106) process
- Together, they have performed hundreds of cultural resource surveys, excavations and cultural/ historical background overviews
- We work with a range of clients across the Southeast and have developed key relationships with federal, state and local agencies and tribes
- Our staff possess broad archaeological expertise in environmental archaeology, artifact analysis, human burial recovery, faunal analysis, geographic information systems, remote sensing and geophysical exploration
- OPA staff consult frequently with professors in the Department of Anthropology and Middle Eastern Cultures at MSU, who are themselves accomplished, published researchers
Please submit any requests for proposals to Jeffrey Alvey by email at email@example.com or by phone to 662.325.7520.